Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Photos from Jerusalem

The Tower of David from the Old City Walls Left-over political banner for Benjamin Netanyahu
Ironing in the kitchen of the closet Larry with Holocaust survivor Elizabeth
Headquarters of Christian Friends of Israel

I thought perhaps instead of my talking all the time, it would be better to just put up a few pictures. Work has been good this week - Larry painted ceilings and did odd jobs at the Distribution Center on Monday and today they moved a Holocaust survivor into a new apartment. Everyone is eating what I'm cooking and Neena who is from Kazakhstan even asked for the recipe for the peanut butter cookies. Tomorrow Lylia's husband Isaac is coming to make eggplant for us. Isaac is a survivor of a suicide bomber's attack on a bus. In the afternoon we will all go to the headquarters to hear a lecture from an Orthodox rabbi on Passover. It rained all night and all today - it feels very cold but nobody complains about the rain as it is a real blessing for the land.

2 comments:

  1. Pictures are great. Love your poster on the wall in your closet (kitchen). Understand how you want to feel that those grandchildren are close by. You'll have to share some of your recipes as I know you are trying to give everyone a taste of their homeland. Hollocaust survivor Elizabeth makes me emotional. That you two are there helping them is such a blessing.
    Love you, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want to visit there so badly. Seeing pictures is making the travel bug bite hard! I know that you are making everyone happy with your cooking, but I'm sure it is a challenge with so many different palates represented. I have a hard time making my family happy and we only have one who is stuck in Chinese food...

    ReplyDelete