What I learned this week regarding Experimental Israeli Cooking:
Apple Pie, Bacon & Pancakes, and Hot Dogs & Onions
Everyone was very nice at the DC about the disastrous entrees at lunch
especially the fish balls that were an amazing imitation of mush. The yellow
cake with vanilla cream frosting (thank you, Sharon) was a big hit. The cook
at Headquarters quit after only one week on the job so I think they were afraid
to react about the food - they just ate and smiled. They are great people &
I've come to really appeciate them.
Shashuka, Fried Fish Balls, and Falafel






Fried fish balls? You are BRAVE for even attempting that one! I've wondered how to make falafel, maybe you could pass that recipe along sometime. The Shashuka looks interesting, besides eggs, what is it?
ReplyDeletePancakes, bacon, hot dogs and apple pie ~ glad you gave them a taste of Americana...